The Downtown Georgetown Business Improvement Area Annual General Meeting is coming up this fall, on Tuesday, November 8 2022 at Knox Presbyterian Church, 116 Main Street South. Doors open at 6:30 P.M. and light refreshments will be available. The AGM will commence at 7:00 P.M. Our guest speakers will be from AMICO and Town of Halton Hills.
When entering the Church, please head down the stairs into the basement. When you enter the large hall, there is a corridor to your left. At the end of the corridor, you will find the AGM. Please email Nikki firstname.lastname@example.org to R.S.V.P.
The DGBIA is a local board of Town of Halton Hills that supports the economic development of the Downtown Georgetown area with initiatives in policy and advocacy, streetscape enhancements, business promotion and activations and events all year round. The DGBIA is funded annually by a special levy collected by the Town from commercial property owners and non-residential tenants within the BIA’s geographical boundaries.
Downtown Georgetown BIA invites inclusivity and diversity. Please notify email@example.com should accommodations be needed in order for you to attend the Annual General Meeting on the evening of Tuesday, November 8th, 2022 at 7:00 P.M.
Election for a full slate of BIA board members
BIAs are in an election year and DGBIA will be presenting a slate of board of management members to the general membership for election at this AGM. Nominations will be accepted until Tuesday, October 25, 2022. If you are interested in being considered for nomination on behalf of your property or business, please contact Nikki firstname.lastname@example.org and provide:
- Your name
- Company/Business Name
- Contact details (phone numbers, email addresses)
- List any previous involvement in civic leadership roles
- A description of where your skills would contribute meaningfully in the continued growth and development of the BIA.
Become a member of the DGBIA board
The Downtown Georgetown Business Improvement Area (DGBIA) Board consists of 10 directors(minimum of 6, maximum of 10), plus one appointed Member of Council. A slate of board members is elected for a term of four years in alignment with the Municipal Act and Municipal Elections. Board meetings are held at minimum 10 times during the year.
Nominees for Downtown Georgetown BIA Board of Directors should meet the following criteria:
- A champion of Downtown Georgetown and driven by a desire to strengthen the neighbourhood
- Strategically focussed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Community focussed and dedicated to making decisions in the best interest of the membership
- Understands the importance of good governance and the role a board plays as an oversight body
- Possesses competencies in one or more of the following areas: business, finance, governance, law, municipal affairs, strategic marketing, HR, risk management, public relations or community building
- Previous board experience can add value and be helpful to Board functioning.
DGBIA depends on Board of Directors capable of thoughtful reflection, logic-based decision making, mature relational skills and diplomatic communication.
Join our committees!
DGBIA has volunteer committees made up of BIA members, Town councillors, municipal partners and local residents, to give us feedback and recommendations to the BIA Board with regards to Downtown Georgetown and meeting its mandates and priorities.
DGBIA has the following committees:
- Farmers’ Market
- Car Show
- Marketing & Events
- Strategic Planning
If you would like to contribute and participate in the development and growth of Downtown Georgetown by joining a committee group, please email email@example.com for more information.